Our mission at TRI is to help researchers involved in clinical trials improve standard treatments and develop new diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative strategies. We do this by offering practical and experienced support for each stage of clinical research — from trial design through to data analysis.
Our vision is to improve the prognoses of those suffering intractable diseases such as cancer, heart disease, stroke and Alzheimer’s disease through translating medical findings in fundamental research into medical practices and meaningful health outcomes, a practice known as translational research.
Services and Support
- Patent surveys and designing intellectual property (IP) strategies
- Liaising and negotiating licensing with corporations
- Developing independent protocols
- Working on projects commissioned by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and Ministry of Health, Welfare and Labour (MHWL)
- TRI also guarantees independence for individuals/entities conducting clinical research
- The ability to form close collaborations with hospitals and research groups
- TRI is the support institution for the TR centers in MEXT’s Translational Research Network Program
- A consultation desk for clinical studies and the provision of relevant information
- A high-quality, independently developed Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system
- Specimen storage systems that protect personal information
- Systems for preventing human and electronic invasions
- The facilities to provide adaptable quality control levels